Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....

What holds on the lower front fender on a 1960 Falcon, down low near the rear of front tire, but behind it. Must be one bolt or something there, for cannot find it. I got the singular one on inside of the fender (it got revised to a 9/16" head bolt) and seems pretty solid still. I would look it up, but have not seen my manual for better than one year now.

Located all of the bolts up atop fender edge, the one behind door sill, radio antenna, and the headlight ones. But must be one more then down low or hidden.

Wm.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found those (two different sizes too) and the lower front fender bracket, and bolts in the rear now too. Out of the way. Fender is sort of loose, but not coming off due to mentioned.

Wm.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found #1 and got that out yesterday. (Got doors off and many other minor things up front in engine compartment area too then).

#2 was found weeks ago, but did not know until yesterday mine had 9/16" head. It is out too now.

#3 is what bothers me now. Zero inside accessable from the interior, Can this one only be reached via the tire or wheel well area? As it feels so solid, I think this is one holding it from coming off right now. I now need to do more sweeping, as fenders are just loaded with old Eucalpytus leaves and dirt. Back in about 6 hours then. Hot here today, warmer tomorrow. Up near to 80 degrees F today.

Wm.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
During lunch hour, I now got the two front fenders off, and both are laying in the lawn.

Found a soft plug under the GLUED ON carpeting. Black carpeting, black (attaching) mastic, black soft plug. By removing that plug, it gave access to the bolt head. Many, many things seem to be glued in I am finding out.

Wm.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, I think it was common old yellow contact cement. Must of had one quart full I figure. Near everything inside the main cockpit area is glued up now. Cannot smell it, as got the doors off today.

Wm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 1963 Falcon Ranchero V8 has the mystery bolt only on the right fender. It's a 1/2" nut behind the kick panel, behind a 1" plastic plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts