Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one got a link to a diagram of what clip goes where on the front fender mouldings on my 63 country sedan , i have just had the front end sprayed and bought 2 sets of trim clips from greg donahue but as trim was held on with evostick to fender i have no reference where each clip goes .
sadly my drivers side trim has been so badly cut up and butchered i need another one , i dont suppose anyone knows where there is any trim ?.
thanks in anticipation mark in england.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
You can find the clips and placements either in the MPC EXTERIOR MOLDING SECTION or an ASSEMBLY MANUAL.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it looks good but when i make it big enough to read its to blurry , might be my eyes as i am 50 in 3 weeks lol

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The man is on it... :tup:

On the Ill, the two characters in the circles will cross on a legend that will give you the PN's of the clips. Placement is obvious.

That molding may be able to be repaired. We have specialty shops on this side. With all the JAG fans over there, there has to be a stainless specialty shop.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
there are but its anodised alloy sadly otherwise i would weld it
You may be able to find the piece used.

I forgot (bad manners)-

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, yours and the QUEEN...

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Exactly which piece do you need?

BODY CODE?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i need the front fender moulding that run from door to front of fender on left hand side/drivers side of a 63 galaxie/station wagon

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
pride the no is on the warranty plate, and although you described what you have some of those cars depending on BODY style NO. the trim is actually different, even if at a glance it looks the same.... FYI.... The body no will be the deciding factor which type/kind/style of trim you are needing...

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
pride the no is on the warranty plate, and although you described what you have some of those cars depending on BODY style NO. the trim is actually different, even if at a glance it looks the same.... FYI.... The body no will be the deciding factor which type/kind/style of trim you are needing...
Shown below is a 1962 FORD plate but you will see the three character code over the word BODY.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
63 country sedan.

its (BODY CODE) 71b
LF FENDER CENTER SIDE MLDG- BRITE - C3AZ 16004-B

Actually, this mldg fits all 1963 applications that came through with these center side mldgs.

(54A - 62A - 63 - 65 - 71B - 71C -75 - 76)

These Body Trim Codes will be explained in your appropriate year OEM Shop Manual.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts