Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what’s new lately?

I was browsing through some old posts here and came across the Granada front drum to disk swap. I’ve totally forgot about my problem that I had or still have on my 65 fairlane.

I used the Granada spindles and Granada outer tie rod. One tie rod was bigger then the other and the sleeve was to so I just forced the tie rod in there? lol

What is the proper way to complete this swap to match up the different size tie rods to the sleeve?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Is winter ever going to end?

Its snowing hard here and its May 6!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
What i have decided to do on this swap is ream the tie rod holes in the drag link to accept Granada inner tie rods.

In fact, it took me about 45 minutes to ream both holes by hand (going slow and checking often to make sure I didn't ream them too much).

Now, someone said that the Crites kit uses a tie rod from a 64 Galaxie. I can't vouch that this works or not.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Crites sells tie rod ends for this swap. Manual and power tie rod ends differ. I think the conversion tie rod ends that I bought for my power steering car were $60. I'm sure I could get them cheaper, if Crites hadn't torn the Moog part number off the end of the box.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think that the Moog part number is ES379 (?). At any rate, I had NAPA cross-reference it to a '72 LTD outer tie rod. My car is manual steer, and I used the Fairlane inner tie rod and sleeve. If your car is power steer, you may need a different outer than what I used. The LTD outer fit the sleeve and Granada rotor like it was designed that way!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, cool.....

SO I need a outer tie rod and sleeves from a 72 ltd.Ill check that out thanks for the tip. If your wrong I know where you live

Rick

·
Registered
977 Posts
72 LTD outer tie rods, but keep the Fairlane sleeves (if you have Fairlane inner tie rods). Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts