Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Torino with a 351 Cleveland. I have been looking at these Holley and off brand fuel injection systems to replace my carburetor. I use the car as my daily driver so I'm sure you would understand why I want to switch. I am wondering if there is a system I could get off a used vehicle or from a salvage yard, the price from Holley and the others are pretty expensive. I was thinking maybe a 80's model mustang or something of that sort. It may be a dumb question but I really don't know much about fuel injection right now. Just could certainly use the mpg and reliability of it.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I have done research the best looks to be GM TBI injection low impact on the vehicle meaning not much stuff to deal with all you need to get is o2 sensors, modify a distributor there are companies that can do this for you, a ECU fuel line and the TBI setup and a coolant temp sensor aside from the distributor you can get most of that from the junkyard

·
Registered
924 Posts
I also used one of the early Holley Projection units years ago, think it cost in the neiborhood of 500.00 back then. Used it on my 69 Bronco that was giving me fits flooding with fuel slosh while 4 wheeling. I worked pretty well, nothing dramatic with fuel milage or anything, pretty cool to tune from the cab for smog check and then restore to actually drive it. Unfortunatly it left me stranded when the ECM went up in smoke, took it off went back to carb and the unit is sitting around in a box somewhere DOA.
MIke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts