Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using 19# injectors from a Lincoln Mark VII,and I got a set from an Explorer along with the intake (upper and lower)...WOO-HOO !!!!! Now for the questions,...First,will the skinnier fuel injectors from an Explorer work with my '87 H.O.?Second,all of the injectors are in great shape,excep one needs the little plastic pintle cap.The cap isn't like the ones on my injectors now,they are shorter and flatter.Does anyone have one from an injector they would get rid of?I checked Ford,NAPA,Autozone,O'Reillys,Borg Warner,and can't find any replacements.I don't want to buy a whole injector.Anyone got any ideas?Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O.K.,here's my deal....if someone has the injector I need,or,at the very least,the correct pintle cap and O-rings,I'll trade a set of standard issue Mustang GT 19# injectors.Yes,I said a set (
.As laong as the pintle cap and O-rings are good,I don't care where the injector comes from.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Vinnie,
I had the same problem when I did my GT40 conversion. So I asked around and hung out at the local drag track and found some 5.0 guys. One of them had a bad injector with a good pintil end on it... he gave it to me for free!!!! Check out the local car stores, go dumpster diving, or ask where the local 5.0 guys hang out and I'll bet someone who is an enthusiast will be glad to help you like someone helped me. Good luck with it.
Hey have you tried to fire it up yet?
I'm itching to do this mod on my '87 and I'm hoping you have good results.
Ron
PS woops, I now see I have a private message...... .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronbuell on 6/28/05 10:56am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts