Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is kind of weird but here goes. I noticed the other day that while engine was running there was fuel leaking out from fuel filter area. So I went to parts store today to get new filter and fuel line, When i pulled the rubber hose off of the stock steel line gas came out like crazy as i expected so i caught it in a cup. Only problem was that approx 5 litres ended up coming out and made a mess all over the ground because well my cup wasnt big enough to catch that. Anyways the fuel was pouring out from somewhere on the steel line and it drained the entire gas tank. Now how the hell does that happen, How does gas from the tank continue to make its way up to the front of the car when the engine isnt even on? This kept pouring out for atleast 15 minutes or so. Also the leak wasnt coming out the end of the steel line like I thought but rather 4 or 5 inches back so im guessing there is a hole in the steel line? but if so then hy did it start leaking when i pulled the rubber hose off of it and not before? Sorry for the long post but this has never happened to me before when replacing simple fuel line. Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
im guessing here but it sounds like it had a syfoning effect. you pulling the rubber hose off the steel line created a sudden vacuum burst causing the fuel to syfon through the line and out the end AND the leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.