Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new sender from crites and im having trouble installing it. i removed the old one months ago when i resealed my tank and dont remember it being difficult to remove. the new one though i cant get it in. also i think the o ring shrunk down or something. anyone tried a crites?

·
Administrator
21,760 Posts
What is the problem with getting it in exactly? What year car? Don't know that it matters as I think they all have the locking ring on there. It wasn't in when you sealed the tank was it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it wasnt in. im trying to put the new one in and i cant get it past the notches that the ring presses on. this is in a 64 galaxie 2 door.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You most likely will need to drop the tank to get it in, I had to do some grinding after we made a new 1/2" pick up tube.
Good luck,
Bill Bailey

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like to me they sold you the wrong unit-or gasket-I've put them in many times and never had any problem. Something is wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Just did a sender on my mustang and it was aftermarket, came with a new o-ring and it was a lot thicker than the old one, was kind of hard to compress and get it locked in. Last one I did was with Ford parts and it did just fall into place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts