Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm megasquirting my first vehicle, an 86 Dodge D150. I know this isn't a mopar forum but I value the advice on this forum and would like to know what you guys think about the way I'm plumbing the truck.

The truck has a return to the tank from the carb that I hope to use as the EFI return, it does not seem to have any restrictions in it. The factory line has very few rubber sections on it, and what is rubber I'll replace with some sort of EFI hose.

From the hard line out of the tank I was hoping to use twist-tite hose going into a 100 Micron summit filter with -8an to barb fittings, twist-tite hose, walbro pump with barb fittings, twist-tite hose, a 40 micron summit filter with barb fittings, twist-tite hose back to the hard line. This is a bone stock motor and I would like to see if we can live without the accumulator first.

I have never used twist tite hose but I cannot find normal efi hose anywhere on the summit site. We have used a fuel hose we get here at work in the past without any trouble, but parts dept is out now. No clamps on twist-tite fittings, correct? But I would assume so on the barbs and hard line.

We have the MSII built and working, the chevy tb adapter and tbi, so this is the final step before we wire it up. I would appreciate if you guys would verify/modify my fuel setup.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
... From the hard line out of the tank I was hoping to use twist-tite hose going into a 100 Micron summit filter with -8an to barb fittings, twist-tite hose, walbro pump with barb fittings, twist-tite hose, a 40 micron summit filter with barb fittings, twist-tite hose back to the hard line. This is a bone stock motor and I would like to see if we can live without the accumulator first. ...
:tup: That would be a solid setup with a good chain of filters and pump. The in-line intake filter could even be a bit coarser, up to 150µ. If you have a clean tank and a fresh stock filter sock on your pickup, you can delete the coarse in-line intake filter. If your tank is at all rusty inside, replace the sock with a coarse pickup screen, and use the coarse in-line intake filter so you can clean it easily. Using the coarse pickup screen will prevent blockage at the pickup, but won't get clogged requiring dropping the tank.

The Twist-Tite hose is another version of the original Aeroquip FF hose series and socketless fittings. It will work fine for this, and does not require clamps. Also, it does not just "slip" on like the ads - but it's not bad. Use lube and a good grip with gloves, with the fitting held securely in a soft-jaw vise. No biggie, but you want to get it on in one shot if possible, as going halfway, stopping, and restarting is more difficult. Also note your return line does not have any substantial pressure, so exotic fittings are not needed. Fresh - yes, expensive - no.

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts