Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am plumbing a new fuel line and need input. I am running a Holley blue pump with regulator. I have 7/16 inch line from the tank to the regulator on the firewall. Then 3/8 inch line from the regulator to the carb and I am running a 100 horse shot of the juice. Which is why I am upgrading the fuel system. My question is: The regulator has two exit lines and my Holley carb has two intake lines, should I run one line to each fuel bowl and then splice the nitrous line off one of those lines or should I run the carb off one side of the regulator with a split for each fuel bowl and then use the other exit point off of the regulator for the nitrous? Did that make sense? Thanks in advance. The engine is a 351W at 375 horsepower.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
With that HP rating, I'd use one side of the regulator for the carb, and the other for da juice. Should work out quite nicely.
My previous 'ride' had a BBC in it that I had plumbed that way. Until I went dual stage on it, I had it plumbed exactly the way you stated earlier.
If you pull more HP on just the motor, and add more juice, then I'd go bigger lines and separate systems for both juice and fuel. My .002

I would've run 1/2" line from tank to filter to pump to regulator, and then went smaller from there tho..........again, my .002

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am using AN-8 stainless braided that has an inside diameter of 7/16. Do you think that is not big enough?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
It should work fine with your application.
I get a little overkill, (but not as much as others here), on fuel line size/routing.
Bigger is better I think.........
Yours will work just fine tho.
It's just that if you want to build a bigger motor, (more HP), and add more juice, (which you will........trust me), that you may as well do it big now and grow into it, rather than having to kind of do it over again...........?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts