Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to replace fuel pump in 1995 F150. Thought I would go with the motorcraft but are a bit pricey and I've not been impressed with the quality of the imported motorcraft parts lately. Read some bad reviews on airtex, anyone have experience with bosch? Or other brand, can't have wife stuck along road with a 3 year old.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think Spectra is what I have up front and Ratech I have out back. So far both have been working fine for me (15,000 miles). If you go Spectra, they come with the pigtail but the connector may be the newer style (they include a new style connector that you can splice in). My Ratech didn't come with the pigtail so I had to buy one for it.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Going to replace fuel pump in 1995 F150. Thought I would go with the motorcraft but are a bit pricey and I've not been impressed with the quality of the imported motorcraft parts lately. Read some bad reviews on airtex, anyone have experience with bosch? Or other brand, can't have wife stuck along road with a 3 year old.
Then don't let her drive the truck until the 3 year old is 15 :) heheheee...

Bosch is a dependable brand, Carter is also dependable, AIRTEX is on my naughty list this year. MOtocraft is still OK by me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have installed hundereds of electric fuel pump and give you my experience. I am always trying ways to save a customer money and install a good quality long lasting part. I use 3 brands that have never let me down. Motorcraft, Delphi and AC Delco. Most of all I use Delhi. They are the least expensive and I use them in all my Domestic vehicles and I get a gret price on them. I refuse to use Airtex, Retech, Carter. I have used Spectra in a pinch a few times and have been ok but they are cheap china made and scares the hell out of me. The Airtex, Retech and Carter have been so bad that they were bad right out of the box, came back dead or problems with gas guage reding accurately.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've had good luck with Bosch pumps. I have an 044 in my Mustang, but that would be overkill for what you're wanting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts