Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my timing chain setup for my 75 351w. I ordered the timing chain for the 2 piece fuel pump eccentric but now i cant find the damned thing. Will it be ok if i run a 1 piece eccentric. What the hell is the big difference anyways. I am running the 1967 289 timing cover also dont know if that has anything to do with it. Also the camshaft is a 289/302 firing order. Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
You need to use the 2 piece eccentric. The one pieice will have some problems with space in between the sprocket or something like that. I just talked this over with my machinist b/c i'm building a 74 351w and I have a 2 piece one. The timing set I got from summit said to use a 2 piece eccentric, but the instructions in the package said to use a 1 piece. He is supposed to check all the clearances and everything.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about just running an electric fuel pump but would rather not mess with the extra work. So i guess i'll just have to shop around for a 2 piece eccentric and make it all work. Anyone have one laying around? Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts