Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to get some opinions about which to go with. ive been tryin to decide which would be better for a street car thats on a pretty tight budget.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I read an article on this. The same block was carbed then fuel injection was hooked up. Same horse power and torque was achieved. So as far as power....The Same. Now for the money, your not going to be able to beat a carb setup. Fuel Injection will cost ya. But (not ruling out FI), Fuel Injection has advantages.....better throttle response, better efficiency and gas mileage!
If on a budget, no choice but carb......but if you want something impressive go other route (dont expect power gain though).

·
Registered
567 Posts
FI is great when you want to wake up in the morning and just turn the key, and not work work it, not to mention the idle is beautifull, just like grandma's Lincoln.
But with the cost, i think I'd get over pumping the gas a bit in the mornings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your opinions i really want to stick with fuel injection but its pretty expensive. But right now this is my only car so i might just do the bottom end until i can make an official decision. But i had alway heard a carb'd car would make more horse power than a FI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts