Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your article about the "Potent Intakes", you said that you would post dyno results for the 302 as soon as you obtain a 302 Funnelweb. Have you done so yet? What's the expected timeframe? I have been waiting ever since I first read that article. I am getting impatient!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Well unfortunatley we never recieved one to test after that article. Your best bet is to contact Parker Racing directly and talk to them about your potential combination.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Maybe one will be obtained for project 11.99 with it's new stroker motor or will it get a Vic Jr.?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Well for the 331 project (look for the project articles in a few weeks) we actually plan to use a weiand stealth to start with. The goal for this new motor is to run the same ET's (low 12's, high 11's) but without having to spin it past 6500... i.e. a focus on broad mid range torque, rather than the peak power we had with the 302.

What we want is a very streetable motor this time around.

So no Funnelweb 302...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I could just kiss you, er on second thought, I just noticed that you were from Frisco. Sorry
Anyways The build on my stang is very close to what you guys did with project 11.99. While I like the power, The streetablity is starting to suck. I'm running a Stealth on my build right now and it flows past 7000rpm. So I'm looking to do exacly the same thing that you guys are doing, build a stroker, and since I was curious as to what it would do with my combo. I have you guys as my guiny pig(sp)! Thanks, I'm glad I sent you my $15!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know one member, that frequents this board, that was used as a guinea pig for the Funnel web on his 347. Power was down all across the board, actually numbers were not given. So it was sent back for more work.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ouch, I'm really looking forward to the use of the Stealth. Really would like to see if it holds the motor back at all. A Vic Jr. is a total give away to a hot motor. Will the board dyno the motor with a Vic Jr and a Stealth for a comparo? Oh yea, thanks for the spelling on guinea pig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts