Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone used one of either type and if so were they happy with it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Do you have a pet koala bear? LOL, j/k

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to say those funnelweb intakes look BADA$$!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm using a 2V funnelweb in my zh fairlane and am pretty happy with it. couple people tell me that I'd be better off with a x-cellerator, but the funnelweb works heaps better than the cast iron 4bbl lump that ford used, so it's staying.. the only downside is the height of the damn thing, pretty much tell you that you wont be able to get the bonnet to close without cutting a hole in it. what part of oz are you in anyway?

·
Registered
669 Posts
i spoke to parker performance and they told me that my heads needed to flow 300cfm minimum to properly utilise there manifold,ring them and talk terry parker!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason that I have that signature is that I've been to the U.s twice and have been asked many times. Although I do have a bunyip in the tree out the back.

I'm a Sydneysider waiting for the blues to kick the Maroons.

I'll have to see if it fits under the bonnet as i've got a Windsor and they've got a lower mounting in the engine bay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: austfairmont66 on 6/3/02 9:30pm ]</font>

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry to intercede in the conversation,

I've been trying to get Terry to send me a Kangaroo, but I've looked in every box and he never has. He ought to run a special "Free Kangaroo with every Funnelweb purchase".

Good manifold? No, not by a long shot.

Great manifold? YES!!! Definitely. Works harmoniously with higher compression and hi flowing heads and a long duration cam. Other combinations, it also works wonderfully.

What heads you got?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kangaroos aren't good pets as they jump the fence too easily.

Just researching at the moment but they'll be very serious SBF iron heads.

·
Registered
330 Posts
would this manifold be a good step up from a edelbrock 2 plane on a 9:1 comp. mild street motor? Or would I need more comp/cam to take advantage of this. I bet it would not do too good below 1500-2000 RPM, right? Also, on the Aussie 2V heads, are the headers/mainfolds interchangeable between the us version? I currently have US stuff and was thinking of swaping to aussie, but I do not want to look for a set of headders and an intake for thoes heads.
Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funnelweb is a serious manifold. I met a guy here in sydney who has a 2v version and his engine was rubbish beneath 3000rpm. all clevo stuff is interchangeable barring headers. Putting a 4v manifold on 2v heads presents a minor problem as the 4v ports are so much bigger than 2v so airflow is disturbed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts