Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was putting my '66 Gal away for the winter (sad day) and happened to run into an old friend who I refer to as "The Carb Guru". I asked him to check my carb out and adjust as required seeing how I pretty much took it off and then re-installed it after the engine rebuild last winter (I know, bad bad me).

He was about 5 seconds into the job when he smacked me up side the head and asked how I liked driving with a governor all year. APPARENTLY, I may have slightly mis-adjusted the throttle cable to the carb. It APPEARS that no matter how hard I pushed the pedal down, I was only getting half throw on the butterflies. I still stand by my story that it must have slipped sometime after the engine went in and that I just didn't drive it that hard (but I WAS wondering what was wrong with my kick down).

Anyway, took it for another last drive of the season and WOW! I know now that if I find that guy again with the white Cutlass, I won't be watching him pull away that quickly!!

Funny, but true! Add this to the "How to add a few horses to your car" threads. If you can't laugh at yourself, blame it on someone else!!

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nerrad;1707687 Anyway said:
OUCH!! and problem is you will NEVER find him again to 'redeem' yourself/car. He is braggin' to all his Buddies this morning as we type.

Long time ago same thing happened to me, (KNEW car wasnt running right, but ran it anyways, got nudged at the top-end, was P/O'ed for sure, got back to the 'cruising spots' yanked hood instantly found 2 plug wires hanging in space!!! Went on the great Roadrunner hunt, NEVER saw him/car again..... :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts