Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new 3G alternator on my Falcon and it was a piece of cake. It fit perfect. The only thing I'm missing is a fuse and a fuse holder. I searched all over our small town to no avail. The parts man at NAPA suggested I go to the Ford Dealer, so I did. When I explained to them, parts manager and service manager, what I needed and why I needed it they looked at me as if I were a freak. Neither had any knowledge of a ford alternator being fused. Imagine that. So does anyone know where I might purchase the fuse and fuse holder. I think I have read that it should be a 175 amp fuse. Seems like a little overkill but that is what I will install if it is needed. At the present I have it wired without the fuse.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little follow up to my fuse dilemma, I found a 175 amp mega fuse in Auto Zone yesterday. It was sorta hidden on the bottom of their electrical parts rack. It doesn't have a holder, instead it is a fuse on a copper strip with a hole in each end. one hole will fit the starter solenoid and the cable will bolt to the other with heat shrink over the bolt. =o=[175]=o=. Get the picture? It was $4. and some change.
Everything seemed to go together too easily. Ever get the feeling?
BTW the reason I went to the 3G is because the 1965 alternator finally gave up the ghost after many years of service and I found this one at a very reasonable price. Less than a rebuild kit. Hope this one last as long as the old. Thanks for all the help I received on this project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts