Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kid is now among the ranks of Ford-dom!! We bought a 91 LX coupe yesterday.(check the link for a pic:www.autotrader.com/findacar (type in 91 mustang, KY) It's 4 cyl auto but very clean. Got it for 900 bucks!! Needless to say, he's ready to "5.0ize" it. Anyone have any links to salvage cars or access to used 5.0 parts? Looks like were going to be needing some!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Try corral.net classifieds and stangparts.com to get some salvage type items.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thats pretty freakin sweet. Congradulations. What would be pretty trick would be to leave the 4-banger in there, and put a turbo on it, just for kicks to see what it'll do. I don't know smog-wise what you have to contend with, but it may be eaiser to turbo the 4 than swap in the 8. I still like the 5.0 the best though, don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking from an immissions standpoint.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, emissions wise, we have no inspections here, at least not yet... As far as the turbo is concerned, he'd rather leave those to the ricers. This boy is dyed in the wool V8 all the way. So, I'm thinking maybe I should get the engine/tranny first since he wants the five speed (chip off the old block, I'll tell ya!
)and swap in the rear later on. 'Course, all this depends upon money. If I can find a trashed donor car with everything, we'd grab it quick...if we can afford it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
In a word....351W
Dont even bother with the 302 if your going smallblock. Cost diff between the 2 is very little but the performance diff is big and the pontetial is even bigger. Welcome to the world of fox chassis mustangs....can you say cheap fast and more parts availablity then almost all other fords combiined. They may not be as "cool" as some of the old fords but they are light and very simple to work and the junkyard parts are plentiful. There is no cheaper ford to build into anything you want it to be. Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts