Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a newbie with Ford Galaxie. Purchased a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 (390 auto) fastback. Just wanted to know some names of Ford Galaxie Clubs in the upstate NY area and pick the members brains for the many questions I have.

Thanks,

Hans

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ownership of a Galaxie! There are no Galaxie clubs in your area, that i know of at least. The closest I see is in PA.
Home Page -Three Rivers

There is the National Club which isn't local either, just online really.
The Ford Galaxie Club of America...Welcomes You! -The Ford Galaxie Club of America is an association of owners dedicated to the restoration, preservation and enjoyment of the Galaxie passenger automobiles built by the Ford Motor Company from the year

There is another Forum for Galaxies below. Just don't ever say you use a Fram oil filter or all heck breaks loose. LOL Maybe not instantaniously but I've seen it many times over the years and have to laugh at it.
http://lists.twistedpair.ca/mailman/listinfo.cgi/galaxie

But you can pick our brains here also. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Some parts suppliers for NOS and repop parts also. Always check the local parts places first as most of these charge a little more for the exact same thing you can get at a parts place locally and you won't have to pay shipping that way!

Ford Ranchero, Ford Falcon, Ford Fairlane, Ford Torino, Mercury Comet, and Mercury Montego Parts Online - Ford Parts

Dennis Carpenter Ford Car, F-100 Pickup Truck, 8N, 9N Tractor and Cushman Scooter Restoration Parts

Greg Donahue Collector Car Restorations

MAC's Antique Auto Parts

RockAuto Auto Parts

And when do we get to see pics?! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links and leads! Once it stops raining I'll be able to start checking out some car shows and meet ford people... who knows maybe I need to start a Galaxie 500 Car Club in Upstate NY.

Hans

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ownership of a Galaxie! There are no Galaxie clubs in your area, that i know of at least. The closest I see is in PA.
Home Page -Three Rivers

There is the National Club which isn't local either, just online really.
The Ford Galaxie Club of America...Welcomes You! -The Ford Galaxie Club of America is an association of owners dedicated to the restoration, preservation and enjoyment of the Galaxie passenger automobiles built by the Ford Motor Company from the year

There is another Forum for Galaxies below. Just don't ever say you use a Fram oil filter or all heck breaks loose. LOL Maybe not instantaniously but I've seen it many times over the years and have to laugh at it.
Galaxie Info Page

But you can pick our brains here also. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
For some reason now it says you aren't registered yet so won't show your profile to see the pic. Bummers. lol
You might find some Ford owners, or should at least IF it ever stops raining. This year has been crazy with the weather!! While taking my son to school this morning i was thinking about the clubs and thought wait, there is a club in NY. Looked it up and here's the link to it. Sorry bout not remembering earlier.

www.empiregalaxies.weebly.com

A lot of us here use Photobucket to post pics. Super easy and gives all the url and other info for each way you might want to publicize your pitures right under each pic you upload. It's free even.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Hope it stops raining soon for you but like us here in the NW, don't hold your breath!

·
Registered
68 Posts
X2 on the Ford Show at Longbranch Park in Liverpool, N.Y. It is just off the Baldwinsville exit on I 90 [n.y.s. thruway] east, exit 39. Turn on to 690 east [1/2 mi] take next exit at John Glenn Blvd. 1/2 mi. on John Glenn Blvd to 1st right turn on Longbranch road. 1 mi. down on left. I hope to have my 65 XL 500 4 speed there. Show is GREAT. Contact me if I can help. [email protected].

Fred

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also a newly aquired Ford Galaxie Owner. I have a 1965 500Xl in the Downstairs gagrage I am going to try to get Running Correctly. I am in Churchville. we can always start our own Rochester Club. and hang at Jim and Ralph's on Elmgrove Road Tuesday Nights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts