Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 65 galaxie 500 XL when trying to clean out the engine I saw a wire disconnected just left of the drivers side headlights. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find what it’s for. I believe both ends are there but no idea If I just connected them ans go with it. I’ll include a picture to hopefully get some assistance on whether the wife’s go together or not and what it’s for.
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable Auto part

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So I just bought a 65 galaxie 500 XL when trying to clean out the engine I saw a wire disconnected just left of the drivers side headlights. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find what it’s for. I believe both ends are there but no idea If I just connected them ans go with it. I’ll include a picture to hopefully get some assistance on whether the wife’s go together or not and what it’s for. View attachment 170005
Hello Jpar2180,

It's an RFI (radio frequency interference) capacitor for the field circuit power. It should attach to the female bullet connector on the voltage regulator plug.

However, it does look original and is probably open or they can even short, causing a fire. I would replace it rather than just reconnecting it.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Jpar2180,

It's an RFI (radio frequency interference) capacitor for the field circuit power. It should attach to the female bullet connector on the voltage regulator plug.

However, it does look original and is probably open or they can even short, causing a fire. I would replace it rather than just reconnecting it.

Cheers
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts