Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Galaxie ad

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ShotRod64 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Probably a Favorite of Coolfalcon (Bill) too!
What caught my ear was when they said "up to 30 miles per gallon" about the Falcon. 1960 - 30 miles per gallon.......hmmmmmmmmmm
WTF happened? Government medling or oil company medling. If they could get 30 mpg nearly 50 years ago why is it hard to find a 30 mpg car today?

#6 ·
Good question! Even my beat up pontiac boat got 25 on the highway which was great for then and for a 400. I wasn't the only one getting mileage like that out of that year/make of car either. Something's fishy don't ya think?

#9 ·
That was great, thanks for sharing! Sure beats those toyota commercials with thier subliminal messages to the masses that run out and buy toyotas!

#10 ·
Every time the car Makers drop weight, make cars lighter, make engines smaller, more fuel effiecent...some Seirra cluber decides that emmision aren't low enough or thinks its OK for idiots to drive cars - so theymake them install more "passive restraints" (air bags and related computer systems and monitors). Then come active suspension, anti-lock brakes, etc.

Its no wonder that the new Mustangs weigh almost as much as full size Galaxie from the '60's. Milage is directly related to how much a given vehicle weighs, even more important than engine size.

EFI has helped, but - just like the fat man at the Pizza parlor sipping on his Diet Cola and working on his second 16' pizza - the weight just keeps piling on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 9/22/06 7:22am ]</font>

#11 ·
Funny they bring back the old oscar meyer bologna and hotdog commercials etc but not the car commercials. Would be nice to see some of them now and then.
I did like the Mustang commercial where dad bought the son his own and of course the McQueen commercial.

#13 ·
Guess I missed that one. Usually the tv is on for background noise and I look at it every now and then. Wonder if it's on thier site. I think they have a few ads there. I'll have to look.
The king kong one was funny though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 9/22/06 8:06am ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.