Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 427 1964 Galaxie chassis and I stumbled on a partial build sheet under the front seat! I have been searching for a decoder, but I quickly concluded one does not publicly exist. Many threads on this topic say that John Rotella of LoveFords could help me, but both email addresses for him are defunct.

As opposed to the cells that have entries in them, I am equally interested in what options my car did not have from the factory, so a master decoder saying what every cell meant would be a valuable tool.

This list comprises the data on a typical build sheet from a 1964 Galaxie with a line for every cell that would normally appear. Question marks below indicate the pieces that are missing from my paper, and some of it I filled in from the data plate on the door. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Line 1:
ROT - ???
SERIAL NUMBER - 4J66Q122XXX
PATENT PLANT CODE - 63B (Galaxie 500, 2 Door Hardtop)
I.B. COLOR CODE - 5 (Red)
PAINT - A (Raven Black)
TRIM - 75 (Red, Crush Vinyl, Bench Seat)
DEV - ???
TOPS/MATS - [blank] (quite certain, but not 100% sure)
TYPE ORDER - 2
SCHED. DATE - 27L
REGION DISTRICT - 72 (will this always match the data plate?)
DSO/PTO - [blank]

Line 2:
CAR LINE - ???
PWR BRKS/PWR STRG/MV COL/REC SEAT - ???
GEN/ALT - ???
FAN/PULLEY/HI ALT. CARB. - ???
SPRINGS FRONT - ???
SPRINGS REAR - ???
SHOCKS - ???
RADIATOR - ???
DRIVESHAFT - ???
AXLE - P 5
TRANS IGN/CLUTCH - [blank]
ENG. - Q
TRANS. - 5
CLOCK/LITE GP/B/U LITE - [blank]
TIRE SIZE - L (what were the other options?)
TIRE TYPE - 2 (again, what were the other options?)
TIRE BRAND - [blank]
MLDG/LUGG RACK/DEL WOOD - 1
PWR. WNDOS - [blank]
SEAT SPRGS - [blank]
OPTION SEATS - [blank]

Line 3:
CONV PKG/SPD CTL/LID REL/KEY LOCK - [blank]
HTR./A/C - ???
RADIO/RADIO EQUIP - ???
TINTED GLASS/SEAT BELTS - ??? (this car does have C4 seat belts that look original)
WIPER/WASH/HD. LT DMR - ??? (has single speed wipers, no washer)
PAD DASH/PAD VISOR - ??? (pad dash & pad visors)
MIRROR - ???
BATTERY - ???
DOOR LITE/ROOF LT WIRE - [blank]
WHL CVR/FEND SHLD - 1
ASSIST STRAP/MRN/DR HNDL - [blank]
BRAKE SIG/SIML SIG - [blank]
PREP/LEASE - [blank]
GAS - 4
A - [blank]
ARM REST - E
SPEEDO CALIB METRIC - [blank]
FLOOR MAT LOOSE./GAS CAP/U/COAT - [blank]
TOOL PKG/PROTEX/SPAN BK/T/PUMP - [blank]
ENG KIT/T. UP PAINT/SEAL BM - [blank]
REMARK - [blank]

·
Administrator
21,643 Posts
I am not sure if the email address is still working as i haven't been in contact with him in a few years but you might contact John Rotella of LoveFords, he might have some of the info. They didn't keep track of how many cars had what interior and that type thing like they did later on but he might know the codes for some of that. Seems like he used to have a decoder of sorts on the website but since then he's done a lot of remodeling on the site.

John Rotella
director @ lovefords dot org

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, but as I mentioned John Rotella is MIA. Neither of his email addresses are working:
[email protected]
[email protected]

The info that was linked is great for decoding dataplates, but I'm looking for the details of the build sheet.

I'm surprised this data is so tough to find!

·
Administrator
21,643 Posts
I contacted a friend of Johns who might be able to help and is good friends with him. Also asked on another forum just in case. I have one other person to email and will let you know when i find out anything.

Another person which i was thinking he's on the forum is Adrian. I will have to ask him if he might be able to do it. He was the '67 7litre registry guy in the beginning. Now someone else is doing it i believe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree Found build for my 62 Galaxie Sunliner and cannot build sheet info cannot be found Chevrolet and others no problem Anyone Help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts