Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have first hand experience completely installing(start to finish)????
Junk Yard Disc Brake Swap into a 1964 or earlier GAL?????
I am seeking a comprehensive listing of the Donor Car,
all parts aquired from one or all cars,booster,master cylinder
proportioning valve,calipers,rotors,hoses,special bolts if required,any and all info in one response. I would greatly appreciate it and the wife and kids would really feel safer on
family outings
I have purchased a deluxe front end rebuild kit from Kanter and would like to do it all at once.
Again, thanks in advance and I know this question has been asked a half million times. GOD BLESS.
EDZ64

·
Registered
830 Posts
Edz64 your best bet is to do a search . type in disc or discbrake and you will find pleanty of information. Ok?

·
Registered
430 Posts
well i did my swap on my 63 and i got spindles of a 78 lincoln continental and since it had a 5 on 5 bolt pattern i just bought 2 rotors for a 78 ford thunderbird and just got the caliper brackets off another car for the 10 inch rotor, i used an 82 crown vic master cylinder and a proportioning valve from like a 70's car, and i use the outer tie rod ends of a 70 ltd also and mine works fine all i need is an alignment now

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Granada spindles have the wrong taper for the ball joints. Drop and Stop sells them but he retapers the holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts