Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can we sticky a thread like this Deb ?

Everyone can contribute info, pics, PDF's, manuals, video, all the quirks, tricks and secrets we have discovered etc

It is Galaxie specific and will save alot of time for all because we can search within the thread

I can start........ this is 63 and 64's

Yes - the 64 rear bumpers are that expensive :D

Most of the Power steering control valves do leak

Here is the offset shaft conversion :

Or you can use the stabilizer bar

^ stuff like this, . . . . . .
I see alot of the same questions getting asked, this thread could help us all

L

·
Super Moderator
21,514 Posts
That would be a good idea I think. I'll stick it and see how it goes. Could work if someone posts a question for something and the answer could be added to this thread and they can be referred here maybe.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean post pics ?
If so - Open a photo bucket or image shack account , upload pics from your computer and post the image link in the box where you type and the pics will show up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I just bought my first classic car, a 1964 Galaxie 500 4 door and the brake master cylinder has failed. I want to upgrade the brake system but I am unsure what path to take. Any suggestions would be great as I am looking for a great setup to progress my project car.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can replace it with a 68 Mustang Master Cylinder - it is a Dual cylinder so you can split the front lines from the rear.

There are many other options if you wanna go to a booster etc, just google that - so much info out there

L

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is coming off the dropbox thread but it fits better here.
I have grabbed all the manuals and diagrams and stuff that I've found around here and put them up on my server at
Galaxie Manuals and Diagrams
I'm in the process of getting more manuals from oldcarmanuals.com. I'll have the rest of those up in the next day or so. If there's anything else you want me to add, pm me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just want to mention that this is a good and fairly complete copy of the original Shop Manual. My father and I had a copy of this manual many years back, in '66, when he had a 1965 Mercury Parklane and I had my original 1965 Ford Galaxie Convertible. I also want to point out that this copy of the manual is missing 2 pages (10-72 & 10-73) in the Fuel System section. I did report this to the "oldmanualsproject" web site. Unfortunately the version that I had back in the '60s is long gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am restoring a 63 Galaxie does any know where I can get the pieces I need to convert the front end to a new style Crown Vic? Also a cheap air ride system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I am looking to restore a 67 Galaxie 500 and was wondering if anyone had any workshop/repair manuals for the 67. Haven't had any luck finding this year so far.

Thanks in advance,

Gavin

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts