Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine at work has a niece who is getting married on the 13th. Her fiance is a big old car nut and has been looking for an old car to drive away from the wedding and have pictures taken of it. He and his late dad restored an old pickup and wants to do this in memory of his dad. My friend asked me if they could use my Galaxie. She indicated it would just be a drive up her tree-lined driveway (wedding is at her house) where she would be snapping pictures (She is a professional photographer) to a small field where it will be parked. In return, she offered to take some professional shots of the Galaxie at various locations around where she lives in the country...she said she knew of some cool old barns that would make some nice backdrops.

I agreed with two conditions....One, is that I need to be there to keep an eye on the car and second, and most important, under no circumstances are the groomsmen or anyone else to touch the car with shaving cream or other "decorations". I told her I would make a scene if they tried. She promised that would not happen and she would make it abundantly clear to all of the wedding party (and guests). I"ll post some of the pictures in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I sure wish our Galaxie had been running when we got married in 2003. This family car was the one that carried my parents away from the church when they were married in 1963. My dad had a 1963 Galaxie 500 convertible 390 4-speed black/red (sweet car, but the frame rusted through [surprise] and he sold it in '72), and he didn't want it mucked up with the soap, cans on the back, balloons, whatever. So he hid it in a nearby garage, and borrowed his brother's 1963 R-code to drive away in. There is a picture someplace of my parents getting into the black 427. (And a joke is in there somewhere, about getting to the honeymoon as fast as possible...)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
My 65 has done a few service calls - people have either left notes on the windshield or simply come running up to me in car parks! So far I've done one high school formal, one wedding, a short movie for a student at uni and a music video! Always happy to help someone out, but the only stipulation is that only one person drives the car - me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
My sister's fiance asked me if I would drive my 57 Chevy Coupe in their wedding. I was thrilled and second in line. Lots of nice pictures and all then everyone gets in the car train to drive to the reception and it wouldn't start. All the spectators had left for the reception, so the wedding party had to push me, my girlfriend and the maid of honor around the parking lot to start it. They had a great time but I just couldn't get any smaller.

·
Administrator
21,922 Posts
My sister's fiance asked me if I would drive my 57 Chevy Coupe in their wedding. I was thrilled and second in line. Lots of nice pictures and all then everyone gets in the car train to drive to the reception and it wouldn't start. All the spectators had left for the reception, so the wedding party had to push me, my girlfriend and the maid of honor around the parking lot to start it. They had a great time but I just couldn't get any smaller.
Too bad there weren't pics of them pushing it around. LOL One just never knows what idea the cars might have on how things should go!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.