Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
You can get the Galaxie red dye from Dearborn Classics. I have been thinking about buying a set of the green ones from that guy also (he has several sets), and dying them and using them for a Mayberry police tribute car I plan to build. But the pictures aren't clear, so I can't tell how good the quality is. I did buy a set of blue 62 NOS 4 door seat covers from the same guy and they are perfect, NOS pieces. I just wonder why the green ones are so cheap? Are they made from thinner materials?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You can get the Galaxie red dye from Dearborn Classics. I have been thinking about buying a set of the green ones from that guy also (he has several sets), and dying them and using them for a Mayberry police tribute car I plan to build. But the pictures aren't clear, so I can't tell how good the quality is. I did buy a set of blue 62 NOS 4 door seat covers from the same guy and they are perfect, NOS pieces. I just wonder why the green ones are so cheap? Are they made from thinner materials?
First off, he has a set that he calls "police" are these not exactly what youre looking for? granted they are almost 5 times the price.

and on second looks, the cheap ones are for a galaxie 300... does this mean they wont fit the 500 4 door?

Like B&F said, Im betting they are cheap because less desirable model or colour etc, not quality.

good call on the red dye, anyone had experience with how well the dyes work, I mean turning green vinyl red, just somehow doesnt seem like itll be too successful, .. scratch/wear/etc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts