Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
It is
I Suwanee, when i first got on this site and started checking out galaxie pics, trying to decide a color for my car, i didnt see not one aqua or dark teal car.
Now that I painted it, I have seen about 3 on here alone. Nice ride gearhead, nice color too馃榾

Im watching this thread NC500 for before and after pics if you get different springs post up.
It is a super nice ride. I should have some pics up this weekend. I don't have enough room in my garage to mess with my springs and it's been raining like crazy here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
So here is my Galaxie with the 2" drop. Its only 1/2" lower then it was with my old worn out springs. Totally fine though. It handles and rides so much better.

Registered
The new springs may settle just a little bit after some use. Here's an excerpt from a letter Mike at Eaton Detroit wrote to a customer regarding final ride height.

"The final test of the springs is drive the car like you stole it. Work those springs. Bounce them. Flex them. Stomp on the gas. Stand on the brakes. Make them do their job, after all you built the vehicle to have fun, so go have some. Correctly matched springs will settle no more than 1/4 to 1/2 Inch once the car is finished and driven. Any more than that means something is not right."

So NC500, what to do with those Hotchkis springs?

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
The new springs may settle just a little bit after some use. Here's an excerpt from a letter Mike at Eaton Detroit wrote to a customer regarding final ride height.

"The final test of the springs is drive the car like you stole it. Work those springs. Bounce them. Flex them. Stomp on the gas. Stand on the brakes. Make them do their job, after all you built the vehicle to have fun, so go have some. Correctly matched springs will settle no more than 1/4 to 1/2 Inch once the car is finished and driven. Any more than that means something is not right."

So NC500, what to do with those Hotchkis springs?
That's a good tip. I'll drive it hard for a while. And for the other springs, Hotchkiss is going to take them back. They are a solid company. I'm going to get some of their sway bars, eventually.

Registered
Nice. That's good to hear that they're willing to take them back. I thought you might be stuck trying to sell them on eBay or something.

Your car looks good at that height, maybe I should have gone -2 in the front instead of -1". Anyway, glad your project is coming along.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts