Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I finally took the 64 drag racing yesterday in Crossville TN, I have never done that before and had an absolute blast. 16 Runs in all on the 1/8 mile strip, best run was a 9.413 @76.225 mph with a .018 reaction time.

I did win the burnout contest, you can see it here. It was great to have one of the few fords there and those Cheby guys couldn't believe the Ford Big Block muscle! I did beat an 66 Pontiac GTO too :) Here is the burn out contest video 64 Galaxie 500 Smoke Show 7-21-2012 Crossville TN - YouTube

Many people came up to me at the end of the races and talked about how cool it was to see an old Ford an a Galaxie especially. Really made it special and to hear the stories of "my daddy had a Galaxie and let me tell you"...

I do want to THANK all of you for helping me with my car over the last 1.5 years, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! This burnout is for you!

ENJOY guys!

·
Registered
695 Posts
You sure put the hurting on those tires!! Looks like a great time. I can only imagine what the drivers on that road next to the track were thinking when all that smoke was coming their way.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
WOW what a burnout, hope you had enough tire to get back to the pits :).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I started the day with some Cooper Cobra tires on the factory 14" wheels. The rears are now slicks... Also had some 16" wheels from a Cop Car Crown Vic, much harder rubber than the Cooper Cobra's. I will need some new rear tires for sure!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Great!

And this burning was done with the 352 engine? What gear ratio do you have on the rear axle?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice.. I live in Dayton tn and got a few friends in cross-Vagas,, they want me to take my 62 to the strip when she's done,, can't wait.. Super burn out man

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great!

And this burning was done with the 352 engine? What gear ratio do you have on the rear axle?
She has a 390, bored to 406,
Forged Alum pistons
Full roller value train
Reworked heads with Cobrajet valves
Mad-Dog Full length tube headers
Erson custom cam (not big enough to require a stall converter)
Aluminum Edlebrock Perfromer Intake
Holly 670 Street Avenger carb
MSD ignition with 6AL box
Alum Radiator with Electric fan
C-6 Transmission with Broader performance performance Valve body
B&M Ratchet Shifter
9" rear end, 3.75 gears with traction lock
I ran the stock 14" wheels with Cooper Cobra tires, real soft, ok hookup, but they SURE DO SMOKE!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes, thats logical :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts