Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the story we were pulling the head to replace the head gasket on his car we got it all back together and it ran fine. we shut it down and tried to start it again, no go apparently number 3 cylinders injector stuck open filling the bore with fuel and hydro locked the cylinder

quite a bit of the gas went in to the oil and now it has a knocking noise comeing from the motor, I am thinking main or rod bearings. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
The knock is probably from a bent rod, hydro lock is very very bad, you probably bent a rod and/or screwed up the rod bearing too. The oil in the gas for a little bit is not nearly as bad as any kind of hydro lock. I would tear it down and check things out for sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have you changes oil yet ? Is it a heavy knoxk , or just a light tap. Because , now I say usually the starter is'nt enough to bend a rod. but their again car , you never know, but in my exspirence I have never seen one that while that was flooded and then tried to start do that. If you have changed the oil and it still knocks, you will have to tear it down and see.I cant tell ya from what you have told us. I would be surprised if it bent a rod or damaged a bearing.If it were running then hydro'ed it will break something.

lowside

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a problem like this once. Got gas in the oil, and wiped out a bearing.
Gas ain't a good lubricant. I've learned.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured this out, I think it did wipe a bearing and there was quite a bit of gas in the oil

ever seen 10w30 burn like a bond fire, we lit it after we got it out of the motor to see if it would light

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I pulled the thing apart and #3 looks like a putter, amazing the thing still ran like that. anyways it did in the block when it went, nice gouge in the wall.

time to look for another short block

1 - 7 of 7 Posts