Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 302 engine rebuilt from a shop. I can't get it to start, it seem is spitting gas from my eight and know started from my four plug. I wonder what is going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm trying to start my engine after,it was rebuild at a shop. I put the engine together with a eldebrock intake and a eldebrock 4bbl 650 carburetor, change the point distributor to electric distributor using a procomp distributor and procomp 6a ignition box. When I put the distributor i align th rotor to the number one piston.

When I was trying to to start the engine I was getting fuel out of my eight plug and four plug.

What to you mean that my carb is dumping too much fuel in the engine?
How to I find that out?
sorry I'm not a mechanic, this is my first project and just doing this by asking.

thank you any help will be appreciate

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Something you're not explaining right. If you had so much fuel going into the motor that it's coming out the plugs, then the engine should hydro lock. Unless you haven't tightened the plugs. Take the carb off the engine, set it on a 3 lb coffee can and use something (BBQ baster or somesuch) to fill the bowls and see if it's leaking. Pull all the plugs out, disable the secondary ignition (pull the coil wire) and crank the engine a little to clear any fuel out. If fuel DOES come out - squirt some oil (not much!) in the cylinders and crank it a bit to keep things from rusting while you figure out what's going on. Put the plugs in and torque per spec, cover the intake with a rag, then look at that carb. It could have a needle sticking. Or a crack in one of the bowls.

1967 Falcon 4 door w/351C - Owner built, owner abused.
70 Mustang 302 / 02 Mustang V6 rag top, 04 SuperCrew parts hauler
http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ckelly on 3/28/06 12:27am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts