Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is from an email i got, and it seems to make sence... too bad i usally only buy mobil.

Collusion on the consumer side of things and these authors have even signed their names.... I know a couple independent places around I can start using. Works sort of like conservation everyone can make a difference.

This works for me! I HATE the oil companies and how they screw with us,
please join in...

Did you hear how gas prices are suppose to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth,offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work! . Please read it and join with us!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!
And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce the! ir prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you! I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
--

Melanie G. Sherman,
Business Manager
HIV Neurobehavioral Research Center
150 W. Washington, 2nd Floor
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 543-5014 (Office)
(619) 543-5000 (Receptionist)
(619) 298-9307 (FAX)
[email protected]

George E. Leggett

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghettostang on 4/12/02 12:31pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
George....

One would think that a scheme like this would cause some price competition, but unfortunately the "Big" oil companies sell most of their gas to 7-Elevens, Corner Marts, Mom & Pop gas stations, Etc.!!!

There is no way for us to figure it out without transportation records.........therefore, the plan will probably not do anything at all??!!

The "Big Guys" have figured in all possibilities and we really can't do too much to hurt them!!

I just hope Uncle Sam doesn't put price controls in place.......If so, welcome back to the '70's!!!!!! Now that situation REALLY SUCKED!!!!!

Cobrajack

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
The whole opec thing is such a load. Iraqi's are closing spickets that **** Cheney put there. ANWR is goint to be raped but it'll be 10 years before that produces anything. Russia has started exporting and with support from American companies could seriousl compete with OPEC. Canada has oil reserves too that they want to drill but they don't have any equipment. They already have labor prepared and the land to do it so setting up shop would be very welcome. Here is a country right next door that wants to export oil but the american companies aren't doing a damn thing. Most likely because American companies split the profits with all the Warlords that 'control' the output of oil in OPEC nations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seems funny to me that the American oil companys get the blame when oil prices go up, but no credit when the price goes down...

Gasoline is cheap really, when you consider that 40+ cents per gallon is TAXES! The gov. raises holy hell when someone wants to cut gas taxes 2 cents! In the old days a tag was on the gas pumps breaking down the cost per gallon, I wish they would do that now, then people would get really pissed.

Gasoline is cheaper than bottle water!

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
I say burn up all of the middle east's oil while we can. I'd rather drain their supplies than ours. Save ours for the future... when it REALLY does start to get scarce.

It's a scary thought to imagine our country running out of energy reserves, while the middle east is drowning in oil... and money.

My $0.02

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I agree, use thier oil first, then use somebody elses and when those resources are used up, use our oil for necessities while producing large quantities of renewable ethenol for lower emissions and more power as an added bonus.

·
Registered
34 Posts
"As long as the democrats control the Senate, there will be no drilling in ANWAR."

Spoken by Tom Daschle yesterday, or the day before.

Judging from the way he came to lead the Senate, (Jumpin Jim Jeffords) he really cares about America. Why does this man insist on bieng dependant to people that hate us?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts