Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all when I got my 64 there was no gas tank in it, I ordered a tank, straps, and a sending unit for it but after looking I can't find where the rear bolts go. I found the slots for the hooks on the front of the straps but can anyone help with where the rear bolts go? Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you look between the rear bumper and the body, youll see one hole on each side where the hooks on the rear bolts are fastened

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
If you look between the rear bumper and the body, youll see one hole on each side where the hooks on the rear bolts are fastened
like Kjell said...
one end of bolt should have j hook on it, and goes in hole ..see red arrow....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies, I have found the slots for the j part of the straps, the problem I am having is where the bolts go through for the other side of the strap. Not sure if they go through the trunk floor or the rear piece that goes between the frame rails or what. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
please look closely at picture....
j part of bolt goes in hole that red arrow is pointing at....
threaded end goes thru strap...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks, the straps I ordered came with carriage head bolts, after looking at the pictures and under my car it looks like I will need a j bolt and will be good to go. Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts