Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting on the 2v aussies I will of course need 2v intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, 1. but will I need 2v head gaskets or does it not make a difference?

Also, Mr. Gasket has a full engine rebuild gasket set for the 351c for around $40. and it has everything I would need...

2. Are these strong enough or is it best to go with a felpro head gasket set??

3. oh and one more questions, what is the deal with the blocked exhaust crossover gaskets?

learning as i go...

·
Registered
777 Posts
There are no differences in a 2v head gasket as opposed to a 4v head gasket. I used the Mr G gasket set one time. If you ever plan on tearing the motor apart, dont use it. The head gaskets adhere like glue. The good fel-pro's will come apart easily upon dis-assembly.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but can anyone explain to me about the exhaust crossovers in the heads?

Mainly, should I get gaskets that block the crossoever or gaskets that leave them open?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm going to assume your talking about the exhuast crossover into the intake.

Most aftermarket single plane intakes block them off with the intake flange so it's not real important to block them with the gasket. Dual planes actually use the exhuast crossover (something about using exhuast heat to help the car warm up when its cold, or early in the morning, alot like a factory intake does.)

The good Fel-Pro 4 piece gasket I like to use leaves the crossover exposed. But all I use are single plane intakes so its not a consideration. Maybe someone a little more knowledge-able will explain a little better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts