Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been covered before but. i have a 62 galaxie. i bought a set of 68 fe alt brackets on ebay. i also changed yhe water pump to a 68 like your told to do. the bracket bolts up to the water pump just fine, but what does the long bolt that goes through the alt screw into. there is no hole in the end of the block. eather the 62 is differant or i'm doing something wrong. HELP!!!! JIM

·
Registered
581 Posts
Jimbo, you are out of luck if you plan on using late model FE brackets on that early block. The hole that the long alternator bolt threads into started showing up sometime in the 1963 model year, prior to that there was no hole cast into the block. Some 62/63 T birds had alternators that used brackets that did not need the block hole. A lot of 62/63 Ford copcars also used this setup but they might be pretty tough to find.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Check FPA - Ford Powertrain Application. They have a bracket that will work for you. It's a high mount though. I used to have one that I never installed. I ended up going with a complete concept one serpentine system so it's "Put away" somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
many thanks to all on this forum for the input. i did'nt think i was going nuts. you guys are tops A++++++++ thank you jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts