1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
What year and which engine do you have?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Of course you will need the alternator and bracket to start. Are you using the original alternator for the 71 or are you going to use a different style?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I changed generator to alternator..Went to AutoZone got the ALT.used the old generator top bracket, made a spacer,used a 6'' 3/8 carriage bolt. I had to make the bottom adjustment bracket.Made sure it all lined up,painted it black installed the alternator and hooked it up. LOOKS and WORKS like it come from the factory..

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
and hooked it up. LOOKS and WORKS like it come from the factory..
I believe THATS the question he was wanting answered, is how to hook it up. (wire it)

but as was also stated Google is handy.... ;

·
Registered
977 Posts
I just used the ORINGINAL generator hook up. Everything is WORKING . I drove it to work and back home , having to use the head light both ways. I tell you its a different kind of light from the NEWER lights.
I tried a 1 wire hook up. It never worked (a waste of time and money).70.00 to build
The alternator for the 63 ford was like 50.00 (live and learn).She's still running and aint nothing burning.I did put a disconnect on ,but that was befor I converted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts