Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to keep my 1963 Galaxie OEM as possible, but the charging system is just killing me. I'm tired of fighting it. Has anyone tried a GenerNator?

Or a PowerMaster 82101-2?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm trying to keep my 1963 Galaxie OEM as possible, but the charging system is just killing me. I'm tired of fighting it. Has anyone tried a GenerNator?

Thanks for any input

I found this post the other day when researching the ammeter issue I was having. With all amperage running through the ammeter, they say a big increase in amps from an alternator can create a fire hazard. I run a 4g 130 amp on mine but I am not trying to look stock under the hood. However, I also don't want to fry my dash wiring so I am not running it through the ammeter. You may want to research that issue as well.

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
96 Posts

Thanks for any input
Well maybe I'm just blessed, but I still run a OEM style generator on my 406 with dual point distributor with no problems at all. My amp gauge seems to indicate my charge is a bit high, but I have never lost any component in the system.

·
Registered
63 convertable
678 Posts
ford and all the other manufactures went to volt meters because ammeters dont tell you squat about the battery. voltmeter tells the state of charge and whether or not the alt. is charging. . ps not all current goes through the ammeter. there is a shunt built in so even if the meter fries the car still runs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts