Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i gotta a 289hipo that i want rebuilt and i was wondering what combination of parts i should go with to achieve my goal of 400-450hp. Which heads,cam,intake? other suggestions? is it possible to get this much power outta a 289HiPo?
also ill be pushing a t-5 tranny...its my 66 coupe
how much on average would it cost to get my 289 rebuilt with these parts from a professional?

thanks greatly appreciate it

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
Biggest questions here is, do you plan on keeping the HiPo heads to keep it as stock looking as possible, and how much money you willing to spend? Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont really care if i keep the heads or not...are those heads worth anything?

im willing to spend about $3500-$4000 on rebuilding my motor

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yes the heads are worth something to a collector, Don't junk them or give the away. The whole motor is very valuable to someone restoring a k code mustang.

400 hp isn't a big deal with today heads and stroker kits. Are you doing a restoration or building a hot rod?

If your doing a restoration its worth alot more leaving it alone, if your building a hot rod sell the Hipo to a collector and buy your self a crate motor Ford has a real nice 345 hp gt40 motor for $3500 add a few parts and bam your their and sould still have money to burn on gas !!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dfree383 on 7/30/06 4:50am ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts