Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 mustang with 289 heads . I have a Holley 670 carb . I also have a newer 351 modified with an aftermarket intake manifold would that work . If not where can I find a cheap used one or a new one cheap also I'm not sure if the new carb im putting on would be a good setup for the stock engine so any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have a 1968 mustang with 289 heads . I have a Holley 670 carb . I also have a newer 351 modified with an aftermarket intake manifold would that work . If not where can I find a cheap used one or a new one cheap also I'm not sure if the new carb im putting on would be a good setup for the stock engine so any help would be great thanks
Any after market or stock intake manifold that was used on the 289 or 302 would except a square bore Holley Carb! To find a stock 4v intake is not easy any more because ford built all there 302 engines from 1969 to 1983 with 2 barrel carbs. After only 3 years of 4 barrel engines the 302 was switched to EFI! For a mild engine an Edelbrock. Wieand or Holley dual plain would be best!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts