Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toiling away at transforming my '64 fairlane into a "barn find super stocker".

I'm very close to finishing and need only to install the '64 econoline buckets (had them recovered to match the rear), install front flat tow hooks, install battery relocation kit (battery in trunk), put the Fenton Hawks back on the front (I needed some rollers so I installed them in the rear) & waiting on the pie crust cheater slicks for the rear.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Very cool..... Need the results of track time now..... ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
70's truck 289 - best I can tell with C4 auto & stock rear. Car was originally a 260/auto sedan that was just a driver best I can figure.

I doubt I'll get it to the track because as soon as I've installed all the parts that are arriving it'll be sold to fund tube chassis '64 fairlane sedan.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More progress this week ...

Completed battery relocation - to trunk - passngr. rear & dropped off at the spring place to install front springs.

Also working on bucket seat mounts tonight. 1 down ... 1 to go.

Hopefully spring guy will be done tomorrow ... hopefully.

Also waiting on 15 X 4 cragar SS wheels to arrive by FedX.

T

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well ... I've finished the updates I was working on back in April & recently "showed" the car for the first time.

Here's what I have now from its humble beginings:

More upgrades include 4 or 5 speed (already have a pedal set) + a engine with a little steam.
I have a new rubber mat to replace the carpet - just need to install. Also 4 pnt. moly rollbar & a shock tower mod for some decent size stainless step headers.

On to the next stage ...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roger - I'm not sure but it'll be removed soon as a working unit - if anyone has some interest. Has a late style a/c compressor.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts