Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried using GM A-BODY lowering springs for their 65-67 galaxies? Spec wise, they look to be very comparable.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
That would be an interesting addition to this forum!

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
A spring is a spring. If the specs are right for your application, then that would be the correct spring for you. There should be no concern over being a Ford, GM, Dodge, etc., spring.

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
The only one i remember that did a lot of suspension stuff to his '66 doesn't come in here anymore and sold his car. Don't know if he did this one or not. Might search his threads maybe to see. He did a lot of altering.
ggrahn i think was the nic. You can search by poster in the advanced search section. I searched threads started by him but the info might be found in individual posts on someone elses threads. Below is from a Threads search

Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - Search Results

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
On Moog's website they have a .pdf file with all of their spring numbers and spring rate/install height/load/diameter etc.....

It's good for comparing two springs to each other based on their specs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you have the time fine a stock spring that will lower it would be the much cheaper alternative. I would be VERY interested if you can find one.

Since you can run $59.00 Aerostar springs for on Fords up to 64 I guarantee there is one for 65-up...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I started a thread in 09 for 65/66 suspension upgrades. What I did in the long run didnt lower it but made the handling amazing for a large car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts