Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its been two weeks since i took my maverick into the shop. first i took it to freds automotive who tightened up the steering and fixed my front brakes. the old calipers were shot.
then it was off to u.s. auto motive who is working on the motor mounts, rebuilding the tranny w/new stock stall converter and putting the 3.55's in the 8 inch.
i would absolutely DIE to just be driving it right now. i miss that torquey v8... and the rumble of the hooker headers through 22" glasspacks..... i can't believe how much i miss it. last weekend i watched fast and furious and the new gone in 60 and i almost wanted to cry
i want my car back..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
TWO WEEKS!!! That is nothing sweetie, my baby has been off the road for winter now since the end of September, I have the shakes I am withdrawing so bad!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Don`t it suck to be with out you`re pride and joy? I hate waiting for the snow to melt,so I can get my car on the street. Its even worse when you are waiting for other people to move there cars, so you can get your`s out!
But even worse is when you have stuff you have not seen or worked on in years because,you don`t have the time, or the money, or just so many other projects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Don`t it suck to be with out you`re pride and joy? I hate waiting for the snow to melt,so I can get my car on the street. Its even worse when you are waiting for other people to move there cars, so you can get your`s out!
But even worse is when you have stuff you have not seen or worked on in years because,you don`t have the time, or the money, or just so many other projects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
On 2002-02-16 17:31, andwrong wrote:
well its been two weeks since i took my maverick into the shop. first i took it to freds automotive who tightened up the steering and fixed my front brakes. the old calipers were shot.
then it was off to u.s. auto motive who is working on the motor mounts, rebuilding the tranny w/new stock stall converter and putting the 3.55's in the 8 inch.
i would absolutely DIE to just be driving it right now. i miss that torquey v8... and the rumble of the hooker headers through 22" glasspacks..... i can't believe how much i miss it. last weekend i watched fast and furious and the new gone in 60 and i almost wanted to cry
i want my car back..
The Fast and the Furious will make anyone cry. I know I did. Horrible movie up until the end when the "real" car was taken out on the street!!

My '67 has been in storage since November. I think you'll be able to survive 2 weeks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Must be nice to be able to park your nice car for the winter. I still drove the Fairlane all winter, even worked on it the coldest day of the year outside to fix the steering, my truck had a quick death so I had no choice. Now it's time to repaint it, yahooo!!!

_________________

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 2/19/02 3:21pm ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck Rick. Their supposed to go forever. I am also going nut's waiting to take out the Torino. Every time I go to the garage for a beverage I pass it. SNOW SUX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
On 2002-02-18 22:46, dark7068 wrote:
Must be nice to be able to park your nice car for the winter. I still drove the Fairlane all winter, even worked on it the coldest day of the year outside to fix the steering, my truck had a quick death so I had no choice. No it's time to repaint it, yahooo!!!
I'll be the parts store was up hill both ways on that coldest day, too!!!

Yep, the Galaxie is sitting in a nice, heated garage and resting up for the spring/summer time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts


Gotta love driving in this ****. This was one nights dump, had to take kids to school, grabbed the camera and took this before I had to shovel the car out, lol. It handled real good in the snow, cars heavy enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 2/19/02 3:21pm ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
I was trying to go with a Cal Yarbouro(sp?) paint job. Went on to thick and got overspray EVERYWHERE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
dark7068:


you know I can relate to wintertime blues

kind of a drag waiting for good weather....but this year we have had no real winter to speak of its 47^(F) right now and dry!!!!


half the header bolts have heat cycled lose...gonna pickup some sparkplugs today....change em out and tighten the header bolts. I have become a firm believer in flepro header gaskets....you wont believe this...the header gaskets have been on there 4 years and they were used when I got em! They flat rule. Time to order the ProForm main body too...I cant take it any more....who started this thread..damn it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
I can feel you pain. But this year has been a real mild winter here. Last year sucked! My car was parked for 5 months! This year we've only had 2 snow falls. And the only last a couple of days each. I'd still wait for a good rain before I'd drive the 67' so it would wash off all the salt on the roads.

I got the 67' out Monday for the first time in almost a month. Just fixed the blower motor in it on Sunday. It was sunny and 52 degrees. Boy was it nice. Had the window down too. Felt like spring!



Hey qtrhors! Have you ever tried Stage 8 locking header bolts? I had a set on a 95gt. Takes a little time to install, but you never have to worry about them backing out. I'm gonna get a set for my 67' soon.
_________________
Ron Meyer
67 Mustang coupe (289,Windsor jr heads,4spd,3.55 posi rear)
86 Mustang SVO (Turbo 4cyl., 5spd)
79 F150 4x4 (Soon To Be FE Powered)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RonMeyer on 2/20/02 2:52am ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
On 2002-02-18 23:50, gttorinofan wrote:
Sorry to hear about your truck Rick. Their supposed to go forever. I am also going nut's waiting to take out the Torino. Every time I go to the garage for a beverage I pass it. SNOW SUX.
Does your wife make you drink in the garage???? (hehehe, sorry couldn't resist!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Ron

no I havnt tried any of the better bolts. I think I will look into em. Thanx for the tip


Ponygirl67: and I thought you wernt the tipical "needling" woman(oops did I say that?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Me needling??? Naaaa, just givin' him a hard time, cause I do the same thing with my car!! The only legal time you can sit in your car with a beer!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Now Now Ponygirl. I'm the almighty ruler in our house cause my wife said I could be.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top