Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to go check out a 67 convertible soon. Besides the typical rust issues surrounding all vintage Mustangs, what should I look at when it comes to a convertible? I'm more or less a fastback guy...69-70 at that.

I've been told that the cars has been "fixed up a little." It has a V8, but not a 289(I'll simply die if it has a 390 in it! But I bet it is a 302.) It has an auto tranny, Pony interior, yellow paint with black interior. $2000 OBO. The impression I got months ago when my coworker first told me about it was that it was a nice car. The price doesn't reflect that, but maybe this guy doesn't know old car prices.

In a way, the last thing I need is another project, but it may be hard to pass up.

One last thing, will the door tag tell me if the car originally had the Pony interior?

Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
pony interior was never offered in 67, deluxe interior was and you should be able to read it off the door tag.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. That might be a good sign. It sounds like the guy might not know a lot about his car and Mustangs in general. Maybe the car is in better shape than his price reflects. I'll keep my fingers crossed until I get to see it.

Was Pony interior a 65-66 option? How can I tell a 67 bucket seat from a 65-66 bucket seat?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts