Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just was wanting to get some opinions on this truck I am looking at. It is a 1990 F150 4X4 302 with 188,000 kms on it. Doesn't appear to have any rust on the body. Is it worth waiting for an I6 to come along instead? I know they have been known to be more durable engines but this truck looks pretty mint for the age. He's asking $4000 but could probably get down to $3500 hopefully. https://images.craigslist.org/01010_iysufihpi1T_600x450.jpg

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Four grand seems like a lot for one of that vintage, but it does look to be on good shape from the one photo. I have a 88 F150 XLT Lariat, 4x4 Supercab, long box, 302, 5 spd. Mine now has ~280,000 km, but the previous owner said he replaced the engine at 160,000 km. I bought the truck in 2000 and paid just over $2K CDN for it, however it has the typical peeling paint issue of the time and lower cab corners and rear wheel arches are rusted out. The 300 I6 is a great engine and will probably use less fuel, especially if used around town. My truck is a pig on gas, but it is used around town and is a low use vehicle, winter beater, hauling garbage, lumber yard runs, etc. The 5.0l is also a great engine, usually reliable and durable. You really have to examine the local market to know if the price is good, or not, and know how you want to use the truck, daily driver vs. beater, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts