Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Morris to Rialto 1/8 mile today and the new C4 worked great! Made 11 runs (5 practice and 6 eliminations)and the trans shifted good and had only a minor leak from being a little over filled.

I went 6 rounds in the trophy bracket and lost in the final. Got a nice runner-up trophy though.The best run was #3 when I lined up against a NHRA A/SA '69 Camaro with so many decals on it you could hardly see the red paint. I ran a 7.854 on a 7.85 dial with a perfect .500 light. It was really sweet seeing the look on that guys face after my 289 Morris beat him.I didn't do too bad with the new trans after-all.Good day at the track.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Jim, thats is so cool, perfect lights, awesome. And to think, the season just started, many more trophy's to come.

Rick

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the hospitality Jim and the bottled water. Had a great time. I got a few pic's of your morris on my page so check them out.

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Well done Jim,It's good to see everything came together well..It sure would be interesting to see what that shift prob was though..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey BFX.I like the pics of that little Ranchero on your Rialto pics.There's something about primer grey that I love.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments. I've always felt that bracket racing had a lot to do with luck. Next time I'll probably lose first round.

Greg,I tore into the old trans and found nothing obviously wrong except for the burnt-up forward clutches and intermediate band.It would be nice to figure out what caused this but I may never fiqure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts