Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up with Nastystang and his 65 and another buddy and his 376 EFI stroker 86 and went to "All Ford Day" in Seattle. Weather was outstanding and a fun day. Long story short, my first 9 second pass, 9.96 @134, and made it to the finals in Super Pro. Left with a check and a trophy. Runner up, but still the best day ever in four years of trying. Everybody did great. Nastystang...thanks for making the trip with us.

Ron

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
What a great day we had. During qualifying I was at the start line when Ron1 ran his 9.96 and I was pretty pumped, it pulled the wheels from our planet earth and gently set them back down after a short distance in the air, the car squated with serious traction and ran a perfect line down the 1/4 it was cool. Then he proceeded to take rounds in a very tough crowd of cars. I have never seen Ron that happy when he brought back that trophy and check.

My self I went out in round 2, broke out with a 12.60 on my 12.70, I got to figure out why it makes its best runs in the heat and usually in the second round. But if your going to go do it with style.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Congratulations Ron! That must have been a sight to see. Sorry I missed it.

Hope to hear you won it all next time.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Where the heck was I? At work! Just as well. Sad to say, I sold the 85GT today. The offer was too good to pass up. I know I'll regret this forever. I bought that car brand new. Never been wrecked.
Gonna start looking for a nice roller put the 375 in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Walt,

I think we did get it figured out. It came in at roughly 5700/5800. I still come up on the MSD 3 step at 5200, and it flashes to roughly 5800 when I launch. Based on the engine Dyno that was done, that is exactly where peak torque is, and with the car 60 footing with 1.36/1.37's I,m going to leave it alone. Now I am trying to figure out how to get some weight out of the car. I was thinking maybe fibreglass bumpers, and a lexan rear glass. Right now the car is at 3220 and it would be nice to get back to around 3000.

Ron

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ron1 on 6/5/02 6:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Want to take weight out of the car? Start with some of the pounds on the driver

Sorry, I just had to say that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts