Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the chance to buy an engine and tranny out of a wrecked 92 gt. Its got an automatic and a bone stock 5.0. The car only had 18,000 miles on it when my junkyard buddy got it. It was a show car. Is it worth 1200? I get everything in the engine compartment and anything attached to the tranny. I want to put it in my 67 stang, just so i can fool around with a classic with EFI. Is it worth it? What all do i need to do the swap? besides the painless harness? Should i bolt up my C-4 or try to use the AOD? What does everyone think? Thanks Ryan

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Ordinarily, I'd say not, but if the mileage is correct then I'd say yes. Getting a donor car is the best way to do these kind of swaps. You can usually get a whole car for what one big item can cost you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the original owner and he said that it was correct. I can get everything i need off the car for the swap, before he starts to part it out. I just need to know what i want. Everything is there...92 gt. What all should i grab? I know if i dont get it at first they will strip it and sell all of it. Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
242 Posts
You will want the wiring harness, mass air meter and bracket. The upper and lower intake plus all the sensors. Get the CPU out of the pass side kick panel. The AOD has a speed sensor, what trans are you going to run? You will also want the distributor and ign coil. You will also want to get the relays and fuel pump + wiring.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
If you buy the whole car, I'd be interested in the front seats (if they're decent) and also the rear end assy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts