Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some new control valves [ 63 galaxie ] for $400 !

Thats some crazy **** right there

where can I send this thing and get it rebuilt ?

I had one done in L.A about 7 years ago and it cost me $75

Hi Richard, Hi Deb !!!!

Im still here :D

L

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
L, If it's just leaking then you can do it yourself. If the ball stud housing is worn then you will need to send it to someone who can do that. Check with Greg Donahue in FLA.

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
Hey L !! Been a while!

I used the kit for all the power steering parts on mine and probably did something wrong or the cracked washer is causing it to leak still but since all i had was schematics i was just happy it still worked. The power valve part that is. So one day i might just send in my spare and have someone rebuild it that knows what they are doing. The prices are outrageous for that stuff isn't it!!

Is good to see you are still kickin around though :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I calls a local mustang shop today - they said $175 for a rebuild - which obviously means I will do it myself .

Where do I buy a good kit from ? I've seen a few different deals .......

L

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
I went all the way back on the posts by Fakesnake to see who it was he had rebuild his and it didn't go back far enough. I know he mentioned the place and the price was quite a bit cheaper but that doesn't mean it still is lower than the price you found for a rebuild. Might try sending him a PM. I PMed him way back to find out the cost but didn't make note of the company he used durn it!

There is a guy on ebay that sells the kits and i think rockauto has them too but not positive and maybe dearborn or macs. I got mine off ebay

PS: Richard posted this on a thread by fakesnake, check them out on the rebuild. http://www.abspowerbrake.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts