Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently come across a 1978 Ranchero with some rust in the bed and fenders and some rats anywhere there isn't rust. The trim and glass however are 100%. I'd like to hear y'all's opinions on whether a Ranchero is a good first project for an absolute noob like myself. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Alot depends on what skills you bring to the project vs what the car needs. Can you do mechanical work? Paint and body work?

A 78 Ranchero is never going to bring big bucks when you sell it, so don't overspend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any project is good if ya want to learn, As a noob ya are probably going to spend a little more. You have to get over the learning curve of what to do and not to do. As to making money when you sell it, I don't think I have ever made money on a car, maybe if you just take into account what you spent in parts, ya ok.
If you count a wage for the thousands of hours it take by the time you search for the parts. You have to store the thing. All of the gas for running all over the country to find that one part some guy in "Nowhere ITsa Foundis". Just hoping the wife or girl friend understands when I want to work on car, instead of her. lol.
Buy it if its cheep and ya like it. Be prepared when you find out its way more then you should have taken on. Fix what ever you can and learn something process. Try not to cry when its so rusted that every one else says junk it. Be ready to spend more then you planed.
Hope I haven't scared you. fix it . Drive the wheels of it till something breaks. Fix that part of it, ect. Have fun most of all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts