Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my dragstrip today and I have finally got my leaking issues sorted out and the first run down the track and I break into the elevens for the first time! I am running 7 pounds of boost and 35 degrees of total timing retarding 1 degree per pound of boost on pump gas. I ran an 11.98 at 110.7 w/ a 1.64 sixty foot. I probably shifted at around 6,200 rpm and launched at about 2,500 rpm, just where the converter was about to push me thru the lights. I haven't really played with the jetting or the timing control yet, so I definitely think it has more in it, especially if I run some race gas.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats!!
I ran in the 11's for the first time last week. What a great feeling!
I'd also like to know what you have done to the suspension as well. Your 60 foot is a tenth quicker than mine was.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! The suspension mainly consist of stock leaf springs, KYB gas- a-just shocks, Shelby underide traction bars, Global West subframe connectors, a rear sway bar that uses the subframe connectors as a mounting point and 275/60R15 Mickey Thompson drag radials. They are the original rear leaf springs and I am going to be replacing w/ some new stock ones this week. I think having it sprung kind of softly lets it launch pretty good. I only leave at about 2500 rpm. When I get it a little more dialed in, the guys that I race with think it could get into the high 1.50's for the 60 foot. I also set the tire pressure to about 16 psi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blown68 on 10/2/06 10:09am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Nice times! So what rear-end width are you using to enable getting the 275-60 tires to fit? I love the look!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I am using the stock rear end width with a 4 1/2" backspacing on a 15x8 wheel. I had to roll the fender lips because the tires were rubbing a bit. They fill the entire wheel well to the max, but I seem to have the tire rubbing issue solved by rolling the fender lips. I love the look of the big tire too! -Mike

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
great job!!!!
Your car has a killer stance with those fat tires crammed in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts