Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 64 Galaxie (restomod) powder coated frame back. Now the final assembly starts, brake/fuel lines, front and rear suspension then the motor/trans. The front clip is from a cup car, modified with rack and pinion.
DSCF2717.JPG
DSCF2723.JPG

Reactions: ShotRod64

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Wow. Looks great. You have a great environment to work in also. Do you have any sense of how long till your driving it?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Looks great. You have a great environment to work in also. Do you have any sense of how long till your driving it?
I'm hoping by next summer. Been collecting parts, designing parts, making parts, modifying parts, polishing parts and powder coating parts for almost 2 years. I've got 95% of what I need to make a whole drivable car. With the way I'm building this not much of the stock stuff fit or would work, so it's been a challenge. The body has been off the frame 3 times already but this should be the last time. It should be back on the frame, wired, plumbed and the drivetrain back in by the end of the year. Then it's off to paint.
I'll try to post pictures of the progress every week or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Amazing job on that! And definitely a much cleaner work environment than I have. Let the fun begin!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starting today, front suspension then rear, looking forward to it as everything is new and clean. (finally)😁

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got most of the brake lines and fuel lines mounted. A arms, ball joints, spindles and rack are mounted. Mocked up tie rods, but still have a little work to do on them. Should be able to check the bump stop in a couple more days.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a little done today. Rear end, shocks and locator bars installed. Torque arm and rear brakes tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brakes, brake lines, axles and torque arm installed today. Waiting on ball joint boots.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts