Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are a bunch of wheel/tire threads but i figured i should ask here seeing as its a little different.

a friend of mine gave me a pair of Goodyear Eagle 27.5 x 12 15s for free. i thought that they might look pretty nuts on my 68. so i went to the junkyard and bought a pair of steelies off of a 65 Galaxie. i will have them widened of course but what i need to know is, what will i have to get them widened to? and what backspace?

i test fitted a 15x8 with a 275/60 15 on the rear of the Galaxie and it fit pretty well. it was originally off of a Ramcharger truck and i believe the backspacing was around 3.5" - 4" (we werent the most scientific with the measuring. i did roll the fenderlips though but thats no biggie. it appears i had maybe 2" more room on the inside so i think i can fit alot more under there.

anyone running a 15x10? will that tire fit on a 15x10 inch rim? what backspacing would be best for that? im thinking maybe a 15x10 with a 5" backspace, but i dont want to get the wheels made up to find that they dont fit. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well.......

got the steelies done. 15x10 with a 5 inch backspace. they look like they will fit. i tried them on and the TIRES hit the fenderlip. i will get a 10 inch wide tire instead. it cleared by a SMALL margin on the inside, but it cleared. i think the 10 inch tire will fit. the rim i think will work great with the right tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts